Music and the Muse

Music has always been a big part of my life; it's how I tend to identify with life, and sharing life with other people - it has always been a way to include and inspire others, and provide a common ground.
In art, I use music all the time to help me find an emotional ground for any composition. Many times I have used the same album on repeat whenever I'm working on a particular piece, because it allows me to return to the same emotional and mental state that I need for that work. Art is all about translating emotion and thought to the visual arena, so having a musical counterpart to work with always keeps the translation even and balanced. At the moment, I'm working on a piece to Nine Inch Nails 'Downward Spiral' album - the emotional pitch I want for the art is found in the music of that one album.
Of course, you can imagine what happens when it takes six weeks to finish one piece of art.....